Investigator sponsored research
Investigator Sponsored Trials
Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST) are clinical or non-clinical research studies or trials initiated, sponsored and managed by researchers who are not directly affiliated with a manufacturer.
Blueprint Medicines is committed to supporting ISTs that contribute to the scientific and medical understanding of our products and relevant disease areas in order to enhance the practice of medicine and ultimately improve patient care. We may provide monetary, in-kind or other support in response to unsolicited IST requests. All IST requests will be critically reviewed, and a decision will be made based on scientific merit, feasibility, and our current research objectives and available resources. Proposals that directly compete with our current and/or future studies will not be considered.
Areas of research interest
Blueprint Medicines will consider IST proposals in the following areas of interest:
- Systemic mastocytosis and other hematologic malignancies
- Non-malignant diseases, including mast cell disorders
- Use in RET-altered tumors
- Use in other solid tumors with RET pathway activation
How to submit an IST request
Brief requests for IST support (IST Concept) must be submitted via our web-based portal. The IST Concept will be reviewed by Blueprint Medicines’ Scientific Review Committee (SRC). If the SRC approves the IST Concept according to the criteria described above, the investigator will be invited to submit a more detailed proposal containing the following, at a minimum:
- A comprehensive description of the proposed IST study, including the nature and scope of the support requested;
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume that documents previous clinical research experience of the proposed investigator(s) and other key research staff;
- Evidence of good medical standing, including no restrictions by a regulatory authority (debarment) to undertake clinical research, if applicable;
- Detailed project budget, including itemization of costs and services;
- Proposed IST timelines and milestones, including a description of anticipated post-IST activities and publications; and
- Any additional relevant supporting documentation required by the SRC.
Blueprint Medicines is not obligated to accept any IST requests. We require a fully executed contract prior to initiating support.
Blueprint Medicines is committed to transparency in its interactions with healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations/institutions consistent with applicable laws and/or codes of practice applicable to the pharmaceutical industry.
Last updated on February 6, 2020.