Independent medical education
Independent medical education
Blueprint Medicines may provide grants to support both accredited and non-accredited Independent Medical Education (IME), including but not limited to:
- Programs or enduring materials produced or conducted by accredited providers to educate healthcare professionals;
- Live learning opportunities such as grand rounds;
- Patient, caregiver or community education programs; and
- Written educational materials and publications.
- All requests must be submitted via the Blueprint funding portal.
- Funding must be provided without any expectation or receipt of a benefit in exchange, other than corporate recognition.
- All requests will be evaluated on individual merits, free from consideration of a prospective recipient’s ability to use, purchase, refer or recommend any Blueprint Medicines product, or the volume of any past or hoped for future business.
- No funding to third-party organizations will be used to induce or reward the recipient for present, past or future support for Blueprint Medicines or use of Blueprint Medicines products.
- Educational Grant recipients must provide a budget reconciliation within 60 days after the end date of the Educational Grant activity for the use of the funds and will be required to return any unused funds, or funds not used for the approved Educational Grant purposes.
- Blueprint Medicines personnel may not prepare or assist with grant requests or provide direction about specific content or topics that should be included in a grant request.
- Blueprint Medicines will not have any responsibility or control over the agenda, content, faculty, educational methods, materials and venue.
Funding may not be provided to:
- Individual healthcare professionals; or
- Organizations that appear on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) debarment lists, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Exclusion List, or U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Excluded Parties List System (EPL); or
- A wholesaler, specialty pharmacy, physician group, or other purchaser (or affiliates thereof) if the funding is offered or made in lieu of a discount or price concession, or as part of a contract negotiation or is otherwise determined to be not bona fide.
- Educational Grants may not be provided to:
- Directly reimburse or pay the expenses for an HCP to attend a medical conference or other educational program, unless permitted by applicable law and local or regional codes or standards. Expenses for HCP speakers, faculty and moderators of a medical education program may be included in the funding, but Blueprint may never directly pay an individual HCP or reimburse the HCP’s costs separate and apart from the Educational Grant;
- Support capital or building expenses, personal development (e.g., leadership training, practice management training), or to support sports or entertainment related activities;
- Directly fund meals at CME events. However, a CME provider may, at its own discretion, apply the financial support provided for a CME event to provide meals for all participants; or
- A third party that is not the approved grant recipient.
Areas of interest
Systemic mastocytosis (SM):
- Recognizing signs and symptoms of SM
- Screening and diagnosis of SM, including accurate subtyping
- Burden of disease and impact on patient QOL
- New therapies and treatment options in SM
- Evaluating response in SM patients
- Improving outcomes in SM patients
- Patient management considerations in treating SM
- Treatment algorithms in SM
EGFR-mutant non-small cell lung cancer (EGFRm NSCLC):
- Education around the importance of biomarker testing in EGFRm NSCLC
- Therapeutic landscape in EGFRm NSCLC for patients with molecular alterations
To apply, please submit your request via the Blueprint funding portal.
RET (Genentech/Blueprint Medicines Alliance)
Blueprint Medicines and Genentech are partnering to provide grant support for medical education on diseases caused by alterations in the RET gene, particularly in oncology. All grant applications should be submitted to the Genentech independent medical education portal. They will be considered on behalf of the partnership agreement.
To apply now, click here.