Blueprint Medicines Privacy Notice
Last Updated on April 4, 2023.
Blueprint Medicines Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “Blueprint Medicines”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information and other information we may receive about visitors to BlueprintMedicines.com and other websites owned and/or controlled by Blueprint Medicines or through our other online and offline services that include the collection of personal information and display or refer to this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Websites” or “Services”). This Privacy Notice describes:
- The information that we collect or that you provide through the course of recruitment and employment at Blueprint Medicines, or when you use our Websites and other Services;
- How we use, disclose (share), store and otherwise process that information;
- With whom we may share that information;
- The safeguards we use to protect that information; and
- Your rights with respect to information that identifies you or can be used to identify you (“personal information”).
Collection of Personal Information
Blueprint Medicines collects personal information you provide to us directly or indirectly, such as:
- When you contact Blueprint Medicines with your questions and comments by sending us email, submit contact forms on our Websites or offline interactions (e.g., by telephone or in person);
- complete a sign-up form to learn more about a clinical trial or medical condition;
- complete a survey;
- provide your resume for employment consideration, or through referral sources;
- are employed by Blueprint Medicines through your onboarding, benefit provisions and other activities related to your employment;
- authorize others to share your personal information, such as your healthcare provider, or a candidate reference;
- consent to the collection of your personal information for the purpose as outlined at the time of your consent such as, for example, upon enrollment in a Blueprint Medicines’ clinical trial or patient support program; or
- through cookies, or tracking technologies, IP address or other online identifiers.
In connection with your use of our Websites or other Services, we may collect personal information such as:
- Personal and business contact information (e.g., name, job title and employer name, email address, mailing address and phone number);
- Professional credentials, education history, employment history, academic qualifications and other information of the type included in a resume, professional networking profile (e.g., Linked In) or curriculum vitae;
- Information about the use of Blueprint Medicines’ information and communication systems and other assets, e.g., mailing system, desktop computers/laptops, servers, mobile devices, etc., including, but not limited to, user credentials, login data, email address book, authorized access details to applications and networks.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Recordings for data requests or customer service purposes
- Approximate geographic location through your IP address to market our products and services; or support you when you contact us for data requests or customer service purposes
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as profiles on sites such as Facebook or Linked In or from other public records or websites.
We may use the personal information we collect for a variety of purposes including to:
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- Communicate about the products and Services we offer;
- To provide you with marketing communications, or tailor our marketing campaigns;
- To improve the performance of our Websites and Services;
- To conduct surveys, or polls and/or obtain testimonials;
- To create aggregated analytics for research purposes;
- Process grants and sponsorship applications;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements, judicial process, and Blueprint Medicines’ policies;
- Operate, evaluate, secure, and improve our Websites and Services;
- Staff, facilitate, and manage our clinical trials, research, studies, and related activities;
- Comply with regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations, such as those related to adverse events, product complaints, spend transparency, and patient safety;
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity;
- Track and respond to safety and product quality concerns, such as product recalls;
- Identify and engage thought leaders and external experts;
- For the performance of a contract with you (e.g., consulting; speaker agreement);
- Facilitate our employee recruitment activities, such as processing employment applications, evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, negotiate employment contracts, and monitoring recruitment statistics; and
- Conduct other legitimate business activities, as allowed by applicable law.
We may combine the personal information we collect about you online with the personal information we collect about you from our offline interactions with you (for example, our interactions by telephone or in person). We may also combine any of the information we collect about you with information we lawfully obtain from other sources, such as public records or websites, or other third parties (e.g., health care professionals, patient groups, government agencies). If necessary, we will collect your consent, or provide an opportunity for you to opt out of this type of processing.
In the course of offering our services, we may also collect and process personal information that is of a sensitive nature, including, for example the following categories of sensitive personal information:
- Race and ethnicity;
- Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our websites;
- Precise geolocation;
- Disciplinary actions and/or criminal proceedings and/or sanctions (employees);
- Identification information (identity card/passport number, Social Security or other taxpayer/government identification number like driving license details;
- Financial information;
- Information related to your health and medical condition(s); which may include genetic data or biometric information;
- Medical treatments, medications, and test results; and
- Information about your insurance.
We may use this information, as necessary, to:
- Facilitate recruitment and employee-related activities, such as payroll and benefits;
- Provide and manage clinical research opportunities, patient support programs and other related Services;
- Distribute and market our products;
- Process and manage safety and quality concerns; and
- Conduct other legitimate business activities, as allowed by applicable law.
We will only process Sensitive Personal Information when we have your consent, or another legal basis, if required. You may request to opt out or limit the processing of your sensitive information by clicking the link “Limit The Use Of My Sensitive Personal Information” on our Website or filling out our Data Subject Request Form.
Sharing of Personal Information
Blueprint Medicines may share your personal information with:
- Blueprint Medicines’ subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- Third parties and service providers, who work on Blueprint Medicines’ behalf to provide certain Services;
- Business partners with whom we collaborate regarding our investigational products and programs, such as scientific advisors, joint venture partners and strategic collaboration partners;
- Legal, regulatory, or other enforcement authorities and other third parties if required to comply with law, regulation, or judicial process or to protect the security, rights, and property of Blueprint Medicines or of users of the websites;
- Third parties in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of asset or in the event of bankruptcy, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to require the recipient to honor this Privacy Notice, but the information may be subject to the policies of the receiving organization;
- Third parties to protect rights and interests, such as when needed for corporate audits, to investigate or respond to a complaint or threat, or to exercise our legal rights; and
- External consultants for the evaluation of personnel, benchmarking reports on our industry in relation to compensation and benefits, management of litigation and legal aid, for the relevant relationship.
When we share your personal information for a business purpose we enter a contract with these third parties that describes the purposes for sharing your personal information and requires the third-party recipient to protect the confidentiality and secure the personal information shared and prohibits use or disclosure of the personal information except in accordance with this Privacy notice and for the purpose(s) performing the services under the contract, or as necessary to comply with applicable law.
Cookies, or similar technologies, may provide us the following information:
- The type of web browser software you use;
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (including client and server IP addresses, usernames, ports, queries, or other status-related information);
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website;
- The date and time you access our Website; and
- Which pages you have visited on our Website.
In most cases we will not be able to identify you directly from the information we collect using these technologies. You can directly manage your cookie consent preferences or choose to opt-out of sharing your data for marketing or analytical purposes via our Privacy Preference Center. If you disable cookies you may be unable to access or utilize certain parts of our website, or your experience may be altered.
You can refer to our Cookie Notice for further detail as to the cookies we use and for what purposes. Access our Privacy Preference Center to manage your cookie consent preferences by clicking on the “Shield” icon found in the lower left corner of our Website.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep the information we collect, including personal information and any aggregated and/or de-identified information that we create, in accordance with our business needs and for legal, regulatory, audit and tax requirements for as long as allowed by law. After this period, the personal information relating to your use of our Websites and other Services will be deleted; however, any personal information which you have provided to us for receiving Blueprint Medicines information, newsletters and event invitations will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We will only transfer your personal information where we have established a legal basis and put in place adequate measures to protect your personal information as may be required by local law, but you should not use our Websites or Services if you do not want your personal information potentially transferred, or otherwise processed, in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection laws that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you are located in the EEA, your personal information may be transferred to Blueprint Medicines and our affiliates, each a Data Controller, or to service providers in non-EEA countries that are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights with Respect to Personal Information
You may contact us at privacy@BlueprintMedicines.com (EEA, Switzerland or UK contact us at EUPrivacy@blueprintmedicines.com) to make any requests with regards to your personal information. In some cases, you might be able to update or correct personal information directly through our Websites or Services by following the instructions provided on the applicable Website.
You may have the right to request access to, modify, export, delete, etc. your personal information. If you wish to exercise your rights please complete our Data Subject Request Form or contact us as described in Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice. These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances and may vary depending on your country, region or US state of residence. This means that we may be unable or not obligated to satisfy your request, for example, due to legal obligations or requirements to which Blueprint Medicines is subject.
In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identity before providing you access to or deleting your information, such as a government-issued identification. Blueprint Medicines will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but we may not be able to provide you with Services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information.
If you have provided permission to Blueprint Medicines to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent for such processing at any time by contacting us at privacy@BlueprintMedicines.com. Please note that you can always unsubscribe from receiving emails and text messages by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link or instructions provided in the emails and texts you receive from us.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Websites and Services are intended for users over the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our websites. If we learn that we have collected personal information directly from a child under the age of 16 through our websites, we will delete that information. We encourage all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
Blueprint Medicines will use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure. However, please note that any personal information you send to Blueprint Medicines via email or other Internet transmission is not completely secure and there is a possibility that unsecured (unencrypted) email could be intercepted and read by third parties. Blueprint Medicines assumes no responsibility for interception of confidential and/or personal information (including in a resume or CV) that you send in an unsecured (unencrypted) email message or other Internet transmission to and from this website. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email or other Internet transmission.
Links to Other Websites
Updates to This Notice
Blueprint Medicines is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to this Website and our Services. Because of these ongoing changes, as well as changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, Blueprint Medicines’ privacy practices will change from time to time. Accordingly, we reserve the right to update or modify this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest updates on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or Blueprint Medicines’ personal information collection and processing activities or you wish to exercise any of the rights described in this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: Privacy@blueprintmedicines.com, or toll free at 1-833-576-1850, or
Blueprint Medicines Corporation
45 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Or if you are located in the EEA, Switzerland or the United Kingdom and wish to exercise any of the rights described in this Privacy Notice please contact our Data Protection Officer at: EUPrivacy@blueprintmedicines.com, or
PrivIntelligent Solutions LLC
Via Emilio Bossi 6
In addition, and if you have any unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority if one is available in your country or US state. For convenience, EEA data protection authority contact information can be found here: country.
Blueprint Medicines is committed to making this Privacy Notice accessible to all people. You can download and print a PDF copy of this Privacy Notice here. If you encounter any difficulty accessing the information in this Privacy Notice or require access to it in an alternative format, please send us an e-mail or write us at our contact information set forth above in the “Contact Information” section of this Privacy Notice..